Albany Hotel, Denver, Colorado
This collodion printing-out paper print on a card mount was taken by an unidentified photographer circa 1900-1910. This photograph shows the Albany Hotel, located on the southeast corner of Seventeenth and Stout Streets. The hotel was built in 1884-1885 by C.H. Nix & Co. The Hotel opened to guests in July 1885, and was remodeled in 1893. It was a popular hotel, noted as one of the finest in the west. The photograph shows several other local businesses with signs at this intersection: "Combs," "Fine TA[LO]RING," "J Bevan Phillips Architect," and "The Mountain Electric Company."
Purchased from Grace F. Morgan, from the estate of Edward B. Morgan 9/1935