D.&R.G.R.R. dining car sugar bowl lid
White earthenware sugar bowl with lid and a raised base. The lid has a rectangular handle. Around the edge is a blue line, interrupted with, "Rio Grande." Along the length of the handle is a blue painted line.
The H.1734 collection of Denver & Rio Grande Western Railroad Company dining car equipment originally came to the museum as a loan in December of 1944. The collection was then donated to the State Historical Society of Colorado by the company's board of directors on May 26, 1958 (Resolution #D-558-10), along with other previous loans to the museum (H.5423, H.6081) (see H.1734 accession folder for original receipt #30).