Railroad dining car syrup pitcher
Silverplated and silver-solder pitcher with a hinged lid and a bowl-shaped base to catch any running syrup.
The H.1734 collection of Denver & Rio Grande Western Railroad Company dining car equipment originally came to the museum as a loan in December of 1944. The collection was then donated to the State Historical Society of Colorado by the company's board of directors on May 26, 1958 (Resolution #D-558-10), along with other previous loans to the museum (H.5423, H.6081) (see H.1734 accession folder for original receipt #30).
Engraved in the logo on the neck: DENVER & RIO GRANDE RR | SCENIC LINE | OF THE | WORLD
Stamped in the base: REED & BARTON | SILVER SOLDERED | 402 | 8