Tuxedo with cumberbund from Gano-Downs Clothing Store, Denver.
Gano-Downs started as a men's clothing store in 1882 by Merritt W. Gano Sr. and was originally located at the Windsor Hotel in downtown Denver. In 1900 it moved to 16th and Stout and in 1904 Willams Downs joined as a partner in the business. They added women's clothing and it became one of Denver's more exclusive clothing stores for many years. The store closed in (the late 1970s or early 1980s?).
This Tuxedo and cumberbund dating from the 1970s was purchased at the Gano-Downs Clothing Store located on 16th and Stout and was made by the company, Benchely with both names on label located on the inside the inside of the coat.
Belonged to the donor, Grant Wilkins