Per the APF:
Steubenville Pottery was one of Ohio's many ceramic manufacturers. Founded in 1879, the company made a wide variety of decorated dinnerware and tableware pieces until it closed in 1959. The particular Steubenville mark found on this piece was used on undecorated, inexpensive pieces made in the 1920s and often used as premiums or bonus pieces. As a result, not many of these pieces survive. This piece was probably slipcast and appears to have been left out in the elements resulting in a crackled glaze with dirt permanently worked into the crackles. Despite its plain appearance, the piece is nicely proportioned with a delicate molded pattern on the upper curve of the handle.
The piece came from Trinidad with no known provenance, but was probably used every day as a milk or cream pitcher. Although it could have been part of a set of dishes, it was probably purchased as a single item or obtained through the use of coupons or even Sperry & Hutchinson stamps offered starting in 1896 by retail organizations like grocery markets and later by filling stations, and shops) bought the stamps from S&H and gave them as bonuses to shoppers based on the dollar amount of a purchase. Shoppers put their S&H stamps in 24-page books and exchanged them for premiums, including housewares, from a catalog or Green Stamp store.