This is a wooden single-curve sinew-backed bow (although the reinforcement is only at the ends of the bow). The bow has a leather grip sewn around the handle. The ends are reinforced up to the nocks with three inches of wrapped sinew. The bow back is polished. The area around the handle on the inner surface and edges appears to have been stained or painted with a red pigment that has faded.
Donated by Luther Gross in 1950.