One of a pair of side chairs purchased in Mexico City during the 1920s. They are of the Victorian Renaissance style of the 1860's (inspired by the Italian Renaissance). Frame is wood painted in red,yellow, green and gold scrolls. Carved back and splat. Seat and splat inset with white parchment painted in red floral pattern.
This pair of side chairs (H.6570.A and H.6570.B) was purchased in Mexico City during the 1920s by the donor, Mrs. Chandler O. Meyer and were donated to the Museum in 1962. Other donations from Mrs. Chandler O.Meyer are H.5896, H.6359, H7510.1, H7510.2, H.7510.3.