3.25 linear feet plus 1 flat box.
Colorado Central Railroad Company Collection, 1867-1900
Collection consists of correspondence, minutes, ledgers, financial records, and other material related to the Colorado Central Railroad Company. Incorporated in 1868 as the successor to the Colorado and Clear Creek Railroad, the Colorado Central Railroad was absorbed by the Union Pacific, Denver and Gulf Railway Company in 1890.
The Colorado Central and Pacific Railroad Company was incorporated in January 1868 as successor to the Colorado and Clear Creek Railroad Company (the enabling legislation proscribed the change in name) which was chartered by W. A. H. Loveland. The name was again changed to Colorado Central Railroad Company before the railroad had been in operation a year. Colorado Improvement Company, a subsidiary of the railroad, was responsible for the early development of the railroad. In 1877 a Wyoming subsidiary, known as Colorado Central Railroad of Wyoming Territory, was formed. In 1890 both railroad companies were included in the consolidation which made up the Union Pacific, Denver & Gulf Railroad. In 1898 the former Colorado Central Railroad narrow gauge property became the Clear Creek District of the Colorado and Southern Railway company. These narrow gauge lines west of Golden and a third rail operation from Denver to Golden ceased operation, and rals were taken up before the mid 1940s.
Colorado Central Railroad Company Collection, MSS.802, History Colorado, Denver, Colorado.