This 120 mm film negative was taken by David DeHarport in Fort Morgan, Colorado on April 16, 1994. The negative depicts the lower half of the front of a church. Taken from a street level perspective, the image cuts off the top half of the building. The church had two sets of stairs, and arched windows and doors. A large leafless tree in front of the church obscures portions of the building. The tree casts a long shadow across the sidewalk and street in the foreground of the image.
David DeHarport (1921-2001) was a photographer, archaeologist, and anthropologist. Between 1937-2000, DeHarport photographed the southwestern United States, specifically focusing on Colorado and the Four Corners region. Much of his work focused on abandoned agricultural and mining towns in Colorado, as well as landscapes of the state's eastern plains. This photograph is part of the David DeHarport collection
Donated by David DeHarport, 2000.
Date and location written on negative sleeve.