Physical description: Clyde Seganti, the father of the bride, escorts his daughter Maryann to the altar at Mount Carmel Church. People stand to greet bride. Wedding of Maryann Seganti and Louis "Duke" P. LaConte, October 24, 1954. See below
This photograph is a digital scan of an original photograph lent for copying during the Italians of Colorado project. The original photograph is not owned by History Colorado. The digital scan was donated with permissions (see permissions in Registrar's file) and accessioned into the History Colorado collection.
In 2002, the Colorado Historical Society (now known as History Colorado) founded the Colorado Italian American Preservation Association (CIAPA). A volunteer organization, CIAPA’s mission is to work collaboratively with the Society and other organizations to develop, support and coordinate projects that preserve, promote and celebrate Italian American culture and heritage. Since 2002, CIAPA has carried out its mission by meeting with people from the Colorado Italian American community, recording their stories and creating an archive of research materials that includes oral histories, photographs, moving images, sound recordings and artifacts. To date, CIAPA has helped the Society acquire over 200 oral histories, 600 artifacts and nearly 6,000 photographs. Since 2002, CIAPA has developed over 4,000 research files, all of which document the history, culture and traditions of Italian American families in Colorado.
See MSS.02595 Louis "Duke" and Maryann LaConte files for additional information and images.
Notes on Louis P. “Duke” LaConte and Maryann Seganti LaConte
MSS2595 CIAPA File
Note: Maryann Seganti LaConte’s name is spelled a number of ways including:
Marianne Seganti (on the wedding license and her 1949 yearbook from North High), Mariann, Mary Ann and finally Maryann on her grave marker. The CIAPA file list her name as Maryann Seganti LaConte (the name used by the donor on the project forms).
The Louis P. “Duke” LaConte and Maryann Seganti LaConte MSS2595 CIAPA file
includes a series of the couple’s wedding album photos. They were married at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, Denver at 10am on October 24, 1954. The officiant was the Rev. Thomas M. LoCascio. The maid of honor was Dorothy Mae Valdez and the best man was William Coloroso (brother of Fran Coloroso Daly). The reception was held at the Old Hickory Room at 3 pm at 1712 Sherman Street in Denver. At the time of their wedding the bride lived at 4405 Perry with her parents and the groom at 3719 Quivas Street with his parents.
The original order of the photos (events of the wedding/wedding day) were:
1. PCCLI1896, Maryann’s bridal shower (before the wedding day on October 24, 1954 at the bride’s home at 4405 Perry)
2. PCCLI1895, Wedding Day, before the service, bride’s home with bridesmaids
3. PCCLI1894, Groom and groomsmen, Wedding Day, groom’s home
4. PCCLI1893, Wedding Day, Ceremony, father and bride head to the altar at Mount Carmel
5. PCCLI1892, View of Wedding at Mount Carmel
6. PCCLI1891, Bride and Groom coming down the aisle at Mount Carmel, married
7. PCCLI1890, Bride and groom on the steps of Mount Carmel, tradition of throwing rice for good luck
8. PCCLI1889, After the wedding in front of Mount Carmel, shows crowd with bride and groom by car in lower left
9. PCCLI1888, Bride and Groom outside the house where wedding party lunch took place (between wedding and afternoon reception), location north Denver home address 3535 (see also PCCLI1880)
10. PCCLI1887, Wedding party outside the house where wedding party lunch took place (lunch was between wedding and afternoon reception), location north Denver home 3535
11. PCCLI1886, lunch, wedding party and Father Tom LoCascio around table (between wedding and afternoon reception), location north Denver home 3535
12. PCCLI1884, bride and groom with bride’s parents at the reception, the Old Hickory Room at 1712 Sherman Street in Denver.
13. PCCLI1883, food table at the reception at the Old Hickory Room at 1712 Sherman Street in Denver.
14. PCCLI1882, guests in line at the food table at the reception at the Old Hickory Room at 1712 Sherman Street in Denver.
15. PCCLI1881, guests eating at tables at the reception at the Old Hickory Room at 1712 Sherman Street in Denver.
16. PCCLI1885, bride and groom at reception cutting cake, the Old Hickory Room at 1712 Sherman Street in Denver.