D.&R.G.R.R. dining car cream pitcher
White china cream pitcher used on a Denver & Rio Grande Railway Company dining car. Bowl has a blue line painted around the rim and "Rio Grande" interrupting the line. Printed on the bottom of the base is a blue ribbon with, "Old Ivory | Syracuse China | O.P.Co" printed beneath.
The H.1734 collection of Denver & Rio Grande Western Railroad Company dining car equipment originally came to the museum as a loan in December of 1944. The collection was then donated to the State Historical Society of Colorado by the company's board of directors on May 26, 1958 (Resolution #D-558-10), along with other previous loans to the museum (H.5423, H.6081) (see H.1734 accession folder for original receipt #30).