Collection consists of correspondence from Thomas B. Crawford about the history of Fort Crawford during the 1880s, as well as newspaper clippings and photocopies of official documents pertaining to the fort. Established in 1880 on the Uncompahgre River near present-day Montrose, Colorado, the post was originally known as "Cantonment on the Uncompahgre". In 1886 the post's name was changed to Fort Crawford. In 1890 Fort Crawford was abandoned.
0.25 linear feet