Collection consists of correspondence, case files, minutes, and other material related to the Mount Airy Psychiatric Center of Denver, Colorado. Founded in 1903 by Dr. Elwin J. Courtney, in 1911 the facility was sold to Dr. George Nehuaus, a professor of Psychiatry at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. In 1930 the sanitarium was sold to Dr. Sidney Bluemel. In 1957, a new annex was built to the existing facility, and in 1959 the sanitarium was formally organized with a medical staff and a constitution and by-laws. Another enlargement of the facility was completed in 1975, and in 1982 Mount Airy joined with the Rose Medical Center of Denver in building the Columbine Hospital in Littleton, Colorado. Mount Airy closed in 1991.
10 linear feet