This collodion printing-out paper print on a card mount was taken by an unidentified photographer circa 1898-1903. This photograph shows the first United States Mint in Denver, Colorado. In 1863, the United States government purchased the Clark, Gruber & Co. mint at 16th Street and Market Street. They built the United States Denver Mint on the same location, although it was used as an assay office and not a mint. In 1895, construction on the new mint began. The building next to the mint advertises "Aspen House, Single Rooms, 20¢," "1545-The Standard Confectionery Co-1547," and "Proudfit and Ormsby, wholesale poultry, game, eggs, butter & cheese, rose creamery depot."