Collection consists of correspondence, reports, deeds, and other material relating to the Gold King Mines Corporation. Founded by Olaf Nelson in 1887, the company was sold and reorganized as the Gold King Mining and Milling Company. In 1904 the name was changed to the Gold King Consolidated Mines Company
in 1914 it was renamed the Gold King Mining Company,a nd in 1917 the Gold King Extension Mines Company was formed to consolidate the Gold King Mine and its associated milling operations. Finally in 1932 it was again reorganized as the Gold King Mines Corporation. Photographs transferred to the Department of Photography ca. 1982.