Collection consists of correspondence, memoranda, material dealing with copyright issues and other corporate documents related to the Detroit Publishing Company. Formed in the 1890s by William A. Livingston, Jr. and Edward Husher, the firm obtained exclusive rights to the use of the photolithography process known as "Photochrom." As a result, it became the largest American publisher of postcards and photographic views during the first two decades of this century. The pioneer photographer William Henry Jackson became a partner of the firm in 1905.
10.25 linear feet