According to the 1968 Polk's Denver City Directory, Mr. Jack C. Lande and Mrs. Catherine H. Lande lived at 321 Jasmine Street in Denver. The book Crestmoor Park Heritage reveals that this residence was built by John J. Falkenberg in 1940. It was a symmetrical brick house with two-story Tuscan columns and a balustraded balcony over the full-length front porch. Falkenberg built an 18 by 19 addition on the rear of the house in 1949. The drawing could be part of the addition project. The house was sold to Carl and Allie Wells in 1974.
Mr.&Mrs. Jack C. Lande (Catherine) opened the Lande's restaurant at 3130 East Colfax Avenue. It served as a gathering place for residences around Crestmoor Park, Park Hill, Montclair, and much of east Denver. They had a couple of other restaurants. One of which was called Left Bank.
This residential construction project was in the Crestmoor Park neighborhood. The neighborhood is now bounded by 6th Avenue, Holly Street, East Alameda Avenue, and Monaco Parkway. Crestmoor Park area was developed by the Garrett-Bromfield Real Estate Company founded by Van Holt Garrett and Donald Bromfield. They were sons-in-law of U.S. Senator Lawrence Cowle Phipps. The neighborhood was developed in two stages: the 1st Filing (Old Crestmoor Park) and the 2nd Filing (Post World War II Crestmoor Park). The Old Crestmoor was laid out south of 6th Avenue with curving streets. It was a 40-acre specimen of neo-Classical architecture. The Old Crestmoor Park was developed between 1936 and 1941. The chief architect Roger Musick set up the neighborhood's tone in traditional styles. In 1947, Garrett-Bromfield opened the 160 acres and started the 2nd Filing. The architectural style of Post World War II Crestmoor park was very different from the 1st Filing. It changed into Ranch-style houses. The residence at 321 Jasmine Street was part of the Old Crestmoor Park.